Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hope your festivities were as exciting as ours:

2008 was good, can't really complain about much. The highlight was having my whole side of the family together for Peter and Jenna's wedding this summer.

But I'm hoping to see a few changes in 2009 including:

- A vacation. Our 2 night camping trip in the cold, wind and rain didn't really work well for me. I'd prefer a little more sun and a little more activity than downeast Maine can offer.

- I'd like to get pregnant. And stay pregnant.  A minor little project I've been working on for 2 years now.

- It would be nice to have a bigger garden this summer. I'm working on being self-sufficient. It isn't going so well. I'm a little more "of the world" than "in the world" than I'd like to be. But little by little I'll get there, right? Before you know it I'll have my own flock of sheep in my back yard and I'll knit you all sweaters for Christmas :-)

Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year!

4 comments:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Happy New Year to you too! I hope all your goals for 2009 come true!

Hannah said...

Oh my good old laura!!! You really make me laugh! I hope I'm one of the first to get a sweater and I hope this is the year for you to get pregnant (and STAY) pregnant as well. I miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! =) I ahve NO friends =( But I'm sure I'll meet people as time goes on. I LOVE the apt. but it's just different here. Hopefully it will help us meet our financial goals of promoting etc. b/c right now we're majorly in the hole! Really sucks when at least we have a couple thousand in the bank in maine!

Amy said...

I have that darn baby goal, too.

Can't wait for my sweater. You can milk my cow in return...once I become more self sufficient, too.

Bekka said...

Oh Laura! You make me smile. I miss you! You could always vacation to Ohio and visit me ...