Monday, September 8, 2008

This may come as a surprise


This may come as a surprise, considering my culinary skills, but check this out!!

We had WAY too many tomatoes, all ripe at once, and I don't even like tomatoes.

So I boiled them down and made a sauce. I even added some fresh basil and thyme that I've been growing on the windowsill all summer, with no idea what to do with them.

and then made lasagna!
It came out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

But as you might expect, I burned the breadsticks. But I don't want to make myself look bad, so I didn't take pictures of that.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Laura! I am VERY impressed! Great job! I made a TOn of tomato sauce too- hopefully it will taste good (I canned it). I have 4 five gallon buckets of more tomatoes to ripen too...crazy!

Amy said...

Check it out! I found you! Ha ha!!!!

Nice sauce. I should do that, too.