Monday, October 20, 2008

I think I'll try out for "So You Think You Can Dance" next season

So I always wanted to be a dancer. I had some high-heeled silver glittery dress up shoes when I was little, and I'd put them on and dance around my bedroom pretending to be a star.  I'd watch musicals and I'd mimic the dancing up and down the living room, over and over again. (Tell me someone else out there remembers "Goin' Courtin'" from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?)

FINALLY I grew up and went to college. My first semester there I took Intro to Dance.
We were working on our little piece for the school talent show. It involved a series of steps- chasse, step, leap... sounds simple enough, and I was doing great and loving every minute.  The teacher stopped the whole class and very loudly and annoyed said, "Laura. What is your problem?" Apparently I had been doing it wrong the whole time and never even knew it. Needless to say, I was a bit embarrassed.  I later found out that my roommates had also been making fun of my dance moves behind my back at the school dances.

I haven't really had much interest in dancing since then. 

Until now.

We just bought DDR. Now who's jealous of my dance moves!!


I can't let you watch the video. We had to delete it before it got into the wrong hands.  Maybe when I get a little better.  

The only thing that makes me feel better is that I married someone with similar abilities.


5 comments:

Amy said...

You DO stick the booty out!
I love it.

I need to see this in person. And soon.

Seriously, I'm so excited!!!!

Laura said...

Amy, that's nothing. You should have seen the video. For reals. You've never seen a butt stick out so bad in your life.
You'll see it in person, when are you free?

Sandra Dubreuil said...

I love DDR!! I play it every chance I get and I am still so horrible!! You guys look like you are having so much fun!! Next time we come out there we have to play. Oh and thanks for the Birthday Card!! Definitely had me laughing:)

Bekka said...

Laura, I wish I was there to booty dance with you! The DDRs are way too fun. But I do have to admit my husband is much better at following the steps than I am!

Hannah said...

this is hilarious!! I'm glad to know that I'm in good company!