Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today I'm thankful for my job



I really am. Where else can you go and get paid for doing so little? And considering how many people are getting laid off all over the country, I am even more grateful.

Subsequently, I am thankful for the internet and all the distractions the internet provides.

On a regular basis I plan fancy vacations I will never go on, shop for clothes, jewelry and furniture I could never afford, plan gourmet meals I'll never make, and look up homes that I can only dream of living in some day. 

And I really really love keeping in touch with my friends and family online. I stalk many many blogs that I don't have listed on here. Email and Facebook provide me with hours of distraction, and I frequent a few message boards and forums where I have made some good friends.

People survived for years without the internet, but I don't know how they did it. They probably were much more efficient and productive in their jobs, but did they realize they were missing out on some great friendships?

No comments: