Thursday, November 13, 2008

Don't worry, we made it out in time

I'm not too bright. This is how my morning went.

Turn on burner to heat up water for my hot chocolate to take to work with me. (It's wicked cold in here)
Go back in bathroom to put on my make-up.
Ask Jacob if his toast is burning.
He says he didn't put any in.
Hear the sudden screech of the smoke alarm.
Go out and see the kitchen looking something like this:



Realize I turned on the wrong burner, and melted the spatula in the pan. 
Threw them both outside.
Opened the windows and turned on the fans.

Said a little prayer and thanked God that I had *for the first time in my life* remembered to change the batteries in the smoke detectors when we changed the clocks.
Smell like melted plastic and smoke all day.

The smoke detector saved our lives! Or at least our kitchen, just before it went up in flames!

Moral of the story-
CHANGE THE BATTERIES IN YOUR SMOKE DETECTOR! Please.


Edited to add- it could be worse. My co-worker's husband just called to tell her that he caught a dump truck on fire. I'm grateful for my blessings.

1 comment:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

OH my gosh!! I'm glad everything turned out okay! Sorry you smelled like burnt plastic all day but hey, better that than no kitchen!!